CosMed Clinic is located across the border in Tijuana, which is conveniently located next to the neighboring city of San Diego, California. CosMed is a fairly short drive from your California location. Click here for Driving Directions & Map.

Rather not drive?

Important Travel updates:

Swine Flu/ Influenza A-H1N1
There have been no cases of swine flu in Tijuana Baja Califronia. We are doing everything we can to ensure our patient’s safety. If you are scheduled to visit our office and would like to be picked up in San Ysidro and taken to CosMed by our shuttle service, please let us know.

Please visit the World Health Organization web page for more up dates www.who.int/en/

You can also take a look at this real time health map http://healthmap.org/swineflu, with details where the swine flu and influenza cases have been detected. If you have any questions or comments please do not hesitate to call our office at (619) 428 4803.

Western Hemisphere Travel initiative

We would like to make your experience at CosMed as easy and enjoyable as possible. That is why we would like to take the time to inform you of the new passport requirements for American citizens.

As of June 1, 2009, the U.S. government will implement the full requirements of the land and sea phase of Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

The proposed rules require most U.S. citizens entering the United States at sea or land ports of entry to have a passport, passport card, or other travel document approved by the Department of Homeland Security.

To learn more about obtaining your passport, please go to http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html. Also for an expedited 2 week service please go to:

www.travel.state.gov/passport/get/processing/processing_1740.html; or go to www.passportexpress.com; for a 24hr service.

Travel Document Requirements Have Changed
As of January 31, 2008, anyone who crosses the US/Mexico border is now required to provide proof of both identification and citizenship. Below is a list of documents that provide both identification and citizenship.

You only need one of these documents to travel accross the borders.

US or Canadian Passport
US Passport Card (Available Spring 2008)
State or Provincial Issued Enhanced Driver’s License (when available this secure driver’s license will denote identity and citizenship)
Enhanced Tribal Cards
US Military Identification with Military Travel Orders
US Merchant Mariner Document
Native American Tribal Photo Identification Card
Form 1-872 American Indian Card
Indian and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC) Card
If you do not have one of the above forms of identification and citizenship, any two of the following will allow you to travel freely across borders. You must have BOTH a form of Identification and proof of Citizenship.

Proof of Identification
Driver’s license or identification card issued by a federal, state, provincial, county, territory or municipal authority; or
US or Canadian military identification card AND Proof of Citizenship
US or Canadian birth certificate issued by a federal, state, provincial, county, territory, or municipal authority
US Consular report of birth abroad
US Certificate of Citizenship
US Citizen Identification Card
Canadian certificate of citizenship card
Canadian certificate of citizenship without photo
If you are a citizen of the United States and require a birth certificate as proof of citizenship to accompany your valid ID (driver’s license or government issued ID card), please visit The National Center for Health Statistics. Click on the State of your birth for exact pricing and instructions. Most orders for birth certificates can be done over the phone, via the internet or by mail. Please note that requests by mail take significantly longer than internet or phone requests.

If you are a citizen of Canada and require a birth certificate as proof of citizenship to accompany your valid government issued ID card, please click here. Locate the province of your birth and visit their respective website for exact cost and instructions. Please keep in mind that applying online or over the phone will be faster than applying by mail.

MEX (664) 634-1903
USA (619) 428-4803